18th - 20th October, 2017
Channel design and relationship management are key choices for a successful value delivery to the customer. Wrong interpretations of emerging trends in the distribution and incorrect channel management choices can thwart the firm marketing strategy and the market success of its products or services.
This program will adopt a strategic and international perspective to provide an in-depth assessment of the key issues to be taken into account in managing distribution channels. Participants will have the opportunity to be updated on current innovative techniques and best practices in channel design and relationship management as emerging from practitioner experience and the most recent research on the field conducted by the SDA Bocconi Retailing Observatory. The main phases (from analysis of context to evaluation of performances) of the go to market process will be investigated.
Participants will find the answers to the following questions
- How to reach customers effectively?
- How to build a competitive advantage through channel management?
- How to manage channel relationship effectively? Which are the best KPI to measure the effectiveness of channel management?
General managers, marketing and sales directors, trade marketing managers and retail managers who are interested in broadening their horizons and implement advanced channel management approaches.
"Really good. Smart professors, good course structure, nice class mates. After this program I've got a broader picture of the retail world. There are several tests that I plan to do. It's such an inspiring experience."
Denise Cumella, Opening Value - Owner, LUSH
- Analysis of the context: Emerging trends in retailing - Shoppers insight - Innovative positioning & distribution formats
- The role of channels in building a competitive advantage: Channels role in today’s economy - Channels relevance in the firm’s (marketing) strategy - Innovating through channels
- Go to market strategy: Key go to market choices - Multichannel management - Emerging channels
- Channel management: Conflict and power management - The co-opetitive perspective - Brand management in advanced channels (Retail branding and private labels)
- Distribution effectiveness: performance metrics – competitive and economic KPIs
- Sandro Castaldo
SDA Professor of Marketing. Scientific Director of the Channel & Retail Academy.
- Monica Grosso
Program Coordinator and Coordinator of the Channel & Retail Academy. SDA Assistant Professor of Marketing. Professor of Marketing at EmLyon Business School.
- Lluis Martinez Ribes
Associate Professor of Marketing at ESADE Business School
- Chiara Mauri
SDA Professor of Marketing. Scientific Director of SDA Bocconi Retailing Observatory. Director of the Master of Management in Food & Beverage, SDA Bocconi.
The course offers a stimulating forum for senior executives. Lecturers, guest speeches and practical case discussions are designed to maximize the level of interaction and opinions exchanged with expert professors, guest speakers and among participants themselves.
Please complete the enrollment request form, available on this web page, and mail or fax to:
SDA Bocconi School of Management
fax +39 02 5836.6833
The final deadline for enrollment is 28th September 2017. Please see details in the enrollment form.
€ 3.300 + VAT (if required)
Special Payment Terms
A 10% reduction on the program fee is offered to applications sent in by 19th August, 2017.
Channel & Retail Acadeny
This program is part of SDA Bocconi School of Management Channel & Retail Academy (CRA) .
With the participation in the program, you will have the right to join our Marketing Community for one year as a benefit.