THE SOVEREIGN INVESTMENT ACADEMY
Learning to make a global difference
"The Forum is pleased to formally recognise SDA Bocconi’s Sovereign Investment Academy. I congratulate its director on an inaugural program that is both topical and thorough, and am confident that several of the next generation of SWF leaders will emerge from its classrooms."
Adrian Orr | Chair, IFSWF
5 days, July 9-13, 2018
- An intensive, comprehensive, 5-day executive education program on sovereign wealth management and long-term investment, endorsed by the International Forum of Sovereign Wealth Funds (IFSWF)
- Talks by top scholars and renowned experts providing state-of-the-art knowledge and practice
- Access to the SIA Lab, an interactive online e-learning platform featuring course and research materials, constantly updated with the latest industry and academic developments
- Participation in the SIA Workshop, a high-profile, closed-door meeting attended by top officials of the main SWFs, academics, financial institutions, and policy makers
- Networking opportunities
- Academic supervision of field projects developed at the home institution
"Sovereign investors can make a global difference thanks to their ability to put patient capital at work and foster sustainable investment beyond our present generation. This special power and responsibility calls for targeted, untagged, innovative education and training, presently not available in conventional executive programs. SIA aims to fill this gap offering a unique, tailor-made course delivered by an outstanding faculty of thought leaders and talented practitioners."
Bernardo Bortolotti | Director, Sovereign Investment Academy
The Sovereign Investment Academy is addressed to:
- Managers of SWFs trained in economics, finance, law, accounting, who wish to learn the foundational principles of the strategies they apply every day, to acquire advanced, quantitative skills in sovereign asset management, and to explore the most innovative frontiers of long-term investment.
- Policy-makers, officials from central banks, ministries of finance, and Treasuries from resource-rich, trade surplus countries, who wish to design, establish, or scale-up their national SWF.
Participants from ADIA - Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, Fundo Soberano de Angola, Palestine Investment Fund, New Zealand Superannuation Fund, Samruk-Kazyna (Kazakhstan), National Development Fund (Iran) and World Gold Council (UK) attended the Sovereign Investment Academy in 2017.
Contents and agenda
Monday 9 July 2018
9 am - 5.30 pm
Tuesday 10 July 2018
9 am - 5.30 pm
Wednesday 11 July 2018
9 am - 5.30 pm
Thursday 12 July 2018
|9 am -5.30 pm||
Friday 13 July 2018
|9 am - 6 pm||
The SIL Workshop & Gala Dinner
The SIL Workshop is a landmark event amongst SWF related international gatherings. Now at its 6th edition, it features a presentation of the most recent research results of the SIA, including the report on global SWF investment trends, a keynote speech and panel discussions amongst high-rank officials of international sovereign wealth funds, experts, and policymakers. This closed-door, invitation only event is reserved to a small audience of 100 invitees from the investment and business community, academia and policy sphere. Participants of the Program will be invited to attend the workshop and to the Gala Dinner, the highlight of the workshop’s social program, a rare opportunity to engage in informal, intimate conversation with world-renowned experts and practitioners.
The SIA School promotes collaboration in learning and training activities between:
- the Bocconi University and School of Management
- the International Forum of SWFs (IFSWF)
- Institutional Partners.
Participants are invited to develop field projects at their home institutions or at IFSWF under the supervision of a local manager and of a SIA faculty member.
- Bernardo Bortolotti
Director of the Sovereign Investment Lab, Bocconi University. SDA Fellow of Banking and Insurance.
- Francesco Billari
Dean of the Faculty and Professor of Demography and Social Statistics at Bocconi University
- Lord Carlile of Berriew CBE QC
Director, SC Strategy Limited
- Massimiliano Castelli
Head of Strategy, Global Sovereign Markets, UBS Global Asset Management
- Matteo Di Castenuovo
SDA Fellow of Operations and Technology Management. Research Fellow, IEFE-Bocconi, Centre for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy
- Alfonso Gambardella
Full professor and Head of Department of Management and Technology, Bocconi University
- Stefano Gatti
SDA Professor of Banking and Insurance. Associate Professor of Banking and Finance, Bocconi University
- Scott E. Kalb
CEO, KLTI Advisors. Former CIO and Deputy CEO, Korea Investment Corporation
- James Kester
Aquitaine Partners, former Chief Investment Officer of the Private Equity department of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA
- Eugene O'Callaghan
Irish Strategic Investment Fund, CEO
- Andrew Rozanov, CFA FRM CAIA
Independent Non-Executive Director of the Board, National Investment Corporation of the National Bank of Kazakhstan (NIC NBK)
- Frédéric Samama
Deputy global head of institutional Clients, Amundi Asset Management, Paris
- Fabio Scacciavillani
Chief Strategy Officer, Oman Investment Fund
- Paolo Scaroni
SDA Bocconi School of Management is registered with CFA Institute as an Approved Provider of continuing education programs for CFA Institute members. This program qualifies for 36 CE credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, CE credit for your participation in this program will be automatically recorded in your CE tracking tool.
Please complete the enrollment request form, available on this web page, and mail or fax to:
SDA Bocconi School of Management
fax +39 02 5836.6833
All enrollment requests will be assessed. SDA Bocconi will send written confirmation of acceptance via fax or email.
The final deadline for enrollment is 19 June 2018. Enrollment requests are reviewed on a rolling basis, those received after the final deadline may not be accepted.
Please see details in the enrollment form (available soon on this webpage).
Special Payment Terms
Special conditions are offered to IFSWF members. For information please contact Ingrid Battistini.
A 10% reduction on the program fee is offered to applications sent in by 10 May 2018 and to CFA Institute members.
These offers are not cumulative.
Photo Gallery SIA 2017
€ 7800.00 + IVA